Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Last Monday was my 27th birthday, so I have officially entered the my late 20's...yikes!  So, although this birthday was a hard pill to swallow, I fully believe in celebrating my birthday to the fullest!

The celebration began on Sunday night with a family dinner at Beauty and Essex.  This food was seriously delicious (and they serve champagne in the bathroom...amazing!).  It is all small plates, so we got to try a bunch of different things...  Pan Con Tomate with fresh burata (burata is one of my favorite things in the world btw), Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup Dumplings, Lobster Mac and Cheese (which was one of that night's specials), Braised Chicken Meatballs, Heritage Baby Back Ribs, Tandoori Salmon, Calamari Payaya (which is the one thing I did not like!) and the Beauty and Essex Burger...YUM!  Somehow we found room for dessert and ordered Macarons and Box of Doughnuts (pictured above).



I will start off by simply stating that I do not believe in working on my birthday, so Monday (my actual birthday) began with a delicious breakfast consisting of a pain au chocolat and a bowl of cappuccino from Balthazar.  Breakfast was followed by an amazing massage and facial at Bliss - Soho.  After the pampering was complete and a significant amount of window shopping was done, we stopped for SPICY FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE at MarieBelle, this adorable, delicious chocolate shop (ps - the food there is not too shabby either).


My lovely birthday was complete with take out from Five Napkin Burger and a single, delicious chocolate covered strawberry from Cafe Lalo (complete with a candle and birthday wish!).

No comments:

Post a Comment